The Open Tree of Life is an online phylogenetic tree of life – a collaborative effort, funded by the National Science Foundation. The first draft, including 2.3 million species, was released in September 2015. The Interactive graph allows the user to zoom in to taxonomic classifications, phylogenetic trees, and information about a node. Clicking on a species will return its source and reference taxonomy.
A phylogenetic tree or evolutionary tree is a branching diagram or "tree" showing the evolutionary relationships among various biological species or other entities - their phylogeny - based upon similarities and differences in their physical or genetic characteristics. All life on Earth is part of a single phylogenetic tree, indicating common ancestry. In a rooted phylogenetic tree, each node with descendants represents the inferred most recent common ancestor of those descendants, and the edge lengths in some trees may be interpreted as time estimates. Each node is called a taxonomic unit ...
The tree of life or universal tree of life is a metaphor, model and research tool used to explore the evolution of life and describe the relationships between organisms, both living and extinct, as described in a famous passage in Charles Darwins On the Origin of Species. The affinities of all the beings of the same class have sometimes been represented by a great tree. I believe this simile largely speaks the truth. Tree diagrams originated in the medieval era to represent genealogical relationships. Phylogenetic tree diagrams in the evolutionary sense date back to at least the early 19th ...
The Coral of Life is a metaphor or a mathematical model useful to illustrate evolution of life or phylogeny at various levels of resolution, including individual organisms, populations, species and large taxonomic groups. Its use in biology resolves several practical and conceptual difficulties that are associated with the Tree of Life.
The first seeded plants emerged in the late Devonian 370 million years ago. Selection pressures shaping seed size stem from physical and biological sources including drought, predation, seedling-seedling competition, optimal dormancy depth, and dispersal.
The earliest known life forms on Earth are putative fossilized microorganisms found in hydrothermal vent precipitates. The earliest time that life forms first appeared on Earth is at least 3.77 billion years ago, possibly as early as 4.28 billion years, or even 4.5 billion years; not long after the oceans formed 4.41 billion years ago, and after the formation of the Earth 4.54 billion years ago. The earliest direct evidence of life on Earth are microfossils of microorganisms permineralized in 3.465-billion-year-old Australian Apex chert rocks.
Life form – entity that is living, such as plants and animals. It is estimated that more than 99% of all species that ever existed on Earth, amounting to over five billion species, are extinct.
Tree of life (biology)
- The tree of life or universal tree of life is a metaphor, model and research tool used to explore the evolution of life and describe the relationships
- observed. Trees are useful in fields of biology such as bioinformatics, systematics, and phylogenetics. Unrooted trees illustrate only the relatedness of the
- See also Tree of life for other cultural interpretations, and Tree of life disambiguation for other meanings. The tree of life Hebrew: ע ץ ה ח י ים
- rank of organisms in the three - domain system of taxonomy devised by Carl Woese et.al. in 1990. According to this system, the tree of life consists of three
- Branch of biology subdiscipline of biology also referred to as a biological science note that biology and all its branches are also life sciences
- Biology is the natural science that studies life and living organisms, including their physical structure, chemical processes, molecular interactions
- The tree of life is a motif in various mythologies and a metaphor for the common descent of life on Earth. Tree of life may also refer to: Charles Darwin
- The Open Tree of Life is an online phylogenetic tree of life a collaborative effort, funded by the National Science Foundation. The first draft, including
- in biology resolves several practical and conceptual difficulties that are associated with the Tree of Life In biological context, the Coral of Life as
- The Tree of Life Web Project is an Internet project providing information about the diversity and phylogeny of life on Earth. This collaborative peer
- Martin, W. 2010 Genome Networks Root the Tree of Life between Prokaryotic Domains Genome Biology and Evolution. 2: 379 92. doi: 10.1093 gbe evq025
- This is a list of topics in evolutionary biology A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z abiogenesis adaptation adaptive mutation - adaptive
- Rhizaria Outline of biology Earliest known life forms Extraterrestrial life Hypothetical types of biochemistry Life Organism life form World English
- The history of biology traces the study of the living world from ancient to modern times. Although the concept of biology as a single coherent field arose
- Outline of biology Hierarchical outline list of articles related to biology Outline of life forms Overview of and topical guide to life forms Panspermia
- Comparative biology uses natural variation and disparity to understand the patterns of life at all levels - from genes to communities - and the critical role of organisms
- tree is a perennial plant with an elongated stem, or trunk, supporting branches and leaves in most species. In some usages, the definition of a tree may
- strongly connected to the motif of the tree of life but it is the source of wisdom of the ages. Specific world trees include egig ero fa in Hungarian
- Rosindell J, Harmon LJ 2012 OneZoom: a fractal explorer for the tree of life PLoS Biology 10 10 e1001406. doi: 10.1371 journal.pbio.1001406. PMC 3472976
- has assisted the field of evolutionary biology in many capacities. This includes: Using DNA data to reconstruct the tree of life with computational phylogenetics
- the study of life and living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, distribution, and taxonomy. Biology is a vast
- numbering systems Genealogy software Genogram List of family trees Pedigree chart Tree of life biology Wiki Tree Simon Julian Gilmour 2000 Daz Sint Noch Ungelogeniu
- of the first to devoted a whole chapter on classification charts. Chart Decision tree Decision tree learning Phylogenetic trees Tree of life biology
- forms of life exist, such as plants, animals, fungi, protists, archaea, and bacteria. Biology is the science concerned with the study of life There
- Mathematical and theoretical biology is a branch of biology which employs theoretical analysis, mathematical models and abstractions of the living organisms to
- a goal. In the philosophy of biology evolution is a blind process which has no goal for the future. For example, a tree does not grow flowers for any
- efforts, including the Sp2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life Fishbase and the Assembling Tree of Life project of NSF, AmphibiaWeb, Mushroom explorer, microscope
- of the diversity of life Cladistics, the classification of organisms by their order of branching in an evolutionary tree Phylogenetics, the study of evolutionary
- are unknown or undefined Taxonomy general Type biology Virus classification Open Tree of Life This ranking system can be remembered by the mnemonic
- Soil biology is the study of microbial and faunal activity and ecology in soil. Soil life soil biota, soil fauna, or edaphon is a collective term that
Open Tree of Life
Tree of life (biology)
Coral of life
Evolution of seed size
Earliest known life forms
Outline of life forms
Users also searched:
open tree of life, Tree, Life, Open, Open Tree of Life, phylogenetic tree, tree, Phylogenetic, Phylogenetic tree, tree of life (biology), life, biology, Tree of life biology, coral of life, Coral, Coral of life, evolution of seed size, seed, size, Evolution, Evolution of seed size, earliest known life forms, known, forms, Earliest, outline of life forms, Outline, Outline of life forms, category:tree of life (biology),
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →