The film award - is a cinematic award; it can be awarded in several categories. Unlike the film festival, the film award is not accompanied by a public screening of competitive films. Film awards are usually awarded based on the results of secret voting of experts - less often on the results of the jury discussion.
The Nobel Prize is a set of annual international awards bestowed in several categories by Swedish and Norwegian institutions in recognition of academic, cultural, or scientific advances. The will of the Swedish chemist, engineer and industrialist Alfred Nobel established the five Nobel prizes in 1895. The prizes in Chemistry, Literature, Peace, Physics, and Physiology or Medicine were first awarded in 1901. The prizes are widely regarded as the most prestigious awards available in their respective fields. In 1968, Sveriges Riksbank, Swedens central bank, established the Sveriges Riksbank P ...
Most literary awards come with a corresponding award ceremony. Many awards are structured with one organization usually a non-profit organization as the presenter and public face of the award, and another organization as the financial sponsor or backer, who pays the prize remuneration and the cost of the ceremony and public relations, typically a corporate sponsor who may sometimes attach their name to the award such as the Orange Prize.
Valerie Tryon Abbey Simon Maria Clodes Maria Clodes-Jaguaribe – best young pianist of the year Ronald Woodcock Aase Nordmo Lovberg Gold medal for singing Elena Vorotko – Bach Prize Jennifer Bullock Edwin Carr Sebastian Benda – Bach Medal Christopher Green-Armytage Koji Toyoda – Bach medal Erna Spoorenberg Elizabeth Powell Paul Max Edlin Fernando Laires – Beethoven Medal in memory of Artur Schnabel Jerome Jelinek – cello Diane Andersen – Bach Medal
A Grammy Award, or Grammy, is an award presented by The Recording Academy to recognize achievements in the music industry. The trophy depicts a gilded gramophone. The annual presentation ceremony features performances by prominent artists, and the presentation of those awards that have a more popular interest. The Grammys are the second of the Big Three networks major music awards held annually. It is considered one of the four major annual American entertainment awards along with the Academy Awards film, the Emmy Awards television, and the Tony Awards theater and Broadway The first Grammy ...
An award, sometimes called a distinction, is something given to a recipient as a token of recognition of excellence in a certain field. When the token is a medal, ribbon or other item designed for wearing, it is known as a decoration.
An award may be described by three aspects: 1) who is given 2) what 3) by whom, all varying according to purpose.
The recipient is often a single person or else a representative of a group of people, be it an organisation, a sports team or a whole country. The award item may be a decoration, that is an insignia suitable for wearing, such as a medal order, badge, ribbon or pin. It can also be a token object such as prize, trophy or commemorative plaque. The award may also be or be accompanied by a title, certificate or diploma, as well as an object of direct value such as money or a scholarship. Furthermore, a honorable mention is an award given, typically in education, that does not confer the recipients a higher standing but is considered worth mentioning in an honourable way. An award may be conferred as a state decoration by sovereign state, dynasty or other public authority see fount of honour, or else a private organisation or individual. The latter may also include ecclesiastical authorities, such as in the case of ecclesiastical awards.
For example, the Nobel Prize recognizes contributions to society, while the Pulitzer prize honors literary achievements. An award may also simply be a public acknowledgment of excellence, without any tangible token or prize.
Awards for sports tournaments often take the form of cups, following a tradition harking back to the ancient Greek tripod given to winners in athletic contests. The Stanley Cup is a modern example. In contrast, awards for employee recognition often take the form of plaques or crystal pieces. An award may carry a monetary prize given to the recipient.
Finally, an award may recognize participation rather than victory. There is controversy regarding the appropriateness of participation awards for students in United States schools.
A relative field to awards is phaleristics, an auxiliary science of history and numismatics which studies orders, fraternities and award items, such as medals and other decorations.
- The Filipino Academy of Movie Arts and Sciences Awards also known as FAMAS Awards are the annual honors given by the Filipino Academy of Movie Arts and
- The Jnanpith Award is an Indian literary award presented annually by the Bharatiya Jnanpith to an author for their outstanding contribution towards literature
- Award is an honor given out annually by Billboard, a publication and music popularity chart covering the music business. The Billboard Music Awards show
- XBIZ Awards are given annually to honor individuals, companies, performers and products that play an essential part in the growth and success of adult
- Prometheus Award is an award for libertarian science fiction novels given annually by the Libertarian Futurist Society. L. Neil Smith established the award in
- Lambda Literary Awards also known as the Lammys are awarded yearly by the U.S - based Lambda Literary Foundation to published works which celebrate
- The ACM A.M. Turing Award is an annual prize given by the Association for Computing Machinery ACM to an individual selected for contributions of lasting
- A literary award is an award presented in recognition of a particularly lauded literary piece or body of work. It is normally presented to an author.
- The Amanda Award Norwegian: Amandaprisen is an award given annually at the Norwegian International Film Festival in Haugesund, Norway, to promote and
Users also searched:
award synonym, awards 2019, different types of awards, types of award,