Blog page 341



                                               

Barabani (community development block)

Barabani is a community development block that forms an administrative division in Asansol subdivision of Paschim Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal.

                                               

Faridpur Durgapur

Faridpur Durgapur is a community development block that forms an administrative division in Durgapur subdivision of Paschim Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal.

                                               

Jamuria (community development block)

Jamuria is a community development block that forms an administrative division in Asansol subdivision of Paschim Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal.

                                               

Pandabeswar (community development block)

Pandabeswar is a community development block that forms an administrative division in Durgapur subdivision of Paschim Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal.

                                               

Raniganj (community development block)

Raniganj is a community development block that forms an administrative division in Asansol subdivision of Paschim Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal.

                                               

Salanpur (community development block)

Salanpur is a community development block that forms an administrative division in Asansol subdivision of Paschim Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal.

                                               

Mines in Berkshire

                                               

Angarrack

Angarrack is a village, in west Cornwall, England, UK. It is in the parish of Gwinear-Gwithian a mile to the east of Hayle. Immediately south of the village Angarrack viaduct carries the Cornish mainline railway over the Angarrack River. The name ...

                                               

Basset Mines

Basset Mines was a mining company formed in Cornwall, England, by the amalgamation of six copper and tin mining setts. It operated from 1896 until 1918, when it was closed due to a fall in the price of tin.

                                               

Delabole

Delabole is a large village in north Cornwall, England, UK. It is situated approximately two miles west of Camelford. It is in the civil parish of St Teath The village of Delabole came into existence in the early 20th-century; it is named after t ...

                                               

Gwinear, Cornwall

Gwinear is a small village in west Cornwall, England, UK. It is about two miles east of Hayle and overlooks the Angarrack valley. It is in the civil parish of Gwinear-Gwithian. Gwinear village sits on a hill with expansive views from the northern ...

                                               

Red River (Koner)

Not to be confused with the smaller Cornish watercourse which shares the same name which discharges into Mounts Bay west of Marazion on Cornwalls south coast. The Red River is a small river in north-west Cornwall, United Kingdom which issues into ...

                                               

St Day

St Day is a civil parish and village in Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It is situated between the village of Chacewater and the town of Redruth. The electoral ward St Day and Lanner had a population at the 2011 census of 4.473. St Day is loca ...

                                               

Tolgus Mount

Tolgus Mount is a village, valley, and district in the parish of Redruth in Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It is located to the northwest of town of Redruth across the A30 road. Historically there were several mines in the area, mining tin an ...

                                               

Tuckingmill, Camborne, Cornwall

Tuckingmill is a village in Cornwall, England, United Kingdom, which is in the civil parish of Camborne. Tucking Mill was the Cornish term for a fulling mill which was where homespun cloth was dipped, cleansed and dressed. There is a mention of a ...

                                               

Wendron

Wendron is a village and civil parish in Cornwall, England, United Kingdom, 3 miles to the north of Helston. The parish population at the 2011 census was 2.743. The electoral ward of Wendron had a 2011 population of 4.936.

                                               

Burlington Slate Quarries

Burlington Slate Quarries are located near Kirkby-in-Furness in Cumbria, England. The quarries have produced a characteristic blue-grey slate for hundreds of years, with large-scale production starting in the early 19th century, when the Cavendis ...

                                               

Mines in Cumbria

                                               

Mines in Derbyshire

                                               

Mines in Devon

                                               

Tin mines in Devon

                                               

Mines in County Durham

                                               

Bristol Coalfield

                                               

Mines in Gloucestershire

                                               

Kent Coalfield

The Kent Coalfield was a coalfield located in the eastern part of the English county of Kent. The Coalfields Trust defines the Kent Coalfield as the wards of Barnham Downs and Marshside in the Canterbury district, and the wards of Aylesham, Eastr ...

                                               

List of collieries in Astley and Tyldesley

The underlying geology of Astley and Tyldesley comprises the sandstones, shales and coal seams of the Middle Coal Measures laid down during the Carboniferous period more than 300 million years ago and which outcrop from Shakerley to New Mancheste ...

                                               

Bank Hall Colliery

Bank Hall Colliery was a coal mine on the Burnley Coalfield in Burnley, Lancashire near the Leeds and Liverpool Canal. Sunk in the late 1860s, it was the towns largest and deepest pit and had a life of more than 100 years. The Rev. John Hargreave ...

                                               

Chanters Colliery

Chanters Colliery was a coal mine which was part of the Fletcher, Burrows and Companys collieries at Hindsford in Atherton, Greater Manchester, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England.

                                               

Cleworth Hall Colliery

Cleworth Hall Colliery was a coal mine operating on the Manchester Coalfield after 1874 in Tyldesley, Greater Manchester, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England.

                                               

Combermere Colliery

Combermere Colliery was a coal mine operating on the Manchester Coalfield after 1867 in Shakerley, Tyldesley, Greater Manchester, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. Combermere Collierys two shafts, one for ventilation, were sunk ...

                                               

Gibfield Colliery

Gibfield Colliery was a coal mine owned by Fletcher, Burrows and Company in Atherton, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. A shaft was sunk at Gibfield to the Trencherbone mine in 1829 by John Fletcher next to the Bolton and Leigh ...

                                               

Gin Pit Colliery

Gin Pit was a coal mine operating on the Lancashire Coalfield from the 1840s in Tyldesley, Greater Manchester then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. It exploited the Middle Coal Measures of the Manchester Coalfield and was situated t ...

                                               

Great Boys Colliery

Great Boys Colliery was a coal mine operating on the Manchester Coalfield in the second half of the 19th century in Tyldesley, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. It was sunk on Great Boys farm, which in 1778 was described as a "m ...

                                               

Great Haigh Sough

The Great Haigh Sough is a tunnel or adit driven under Sir Roger Bradshaighs estate between 1653 and 1670, to drain his coal and cannel pits in Haigh on the Lancashire Coalfield. The soughs portal and two metres of tunnel from where it discharges ...

                                               

Howe Bridge Colliery

Howe Bridge Colliery was a coal mine which was part of the Fletcher, Burrows and Companys collieries at Howe Bridge in Atherton, Greater Manchester, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. The Fletchers owned several small pits which ...

                                               

Nelson Pit

Nelson Pit was a coal mine operating on the Manchester Coalfield from the 1830s or 1840s in Shakerley, Tyldesley, Greater Manchester, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. Originally named Shakerley Colliery, the pit was sunk on lan ...

                                               

Nook Colliery

Nook Colliery was a coal mine operating on the Manchester Coalfield after 1866 in Tyldesley, Greater Manchester, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. The collierys first shaft was sunk to the Rams mine at 455 yards in 1866 by Astle ...

                                               

Peelwood Colliery

Peelwood Colliery was a coal mine operating on the Manchester Coalfield after 1883 in Shakerley, Tyldesley, Greater Manchester, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. Shaft sinking at Peelwood began in 1878 and the colliery opened in ...

                                               

Pendlebury Colliery

Pendlebury Colliery, usually called Wheatsheaf Colliery after the adjacent public house, was a coal mine operating on the Manchester Coalfield after 1846 in Pendlebury near Manchester, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. The colli ...

                                               

Sandhole Colliery

Sandhole Colliery was a coal mine originally owned by the Bridgewater Trustees operating on the Manchester Coalfield in Walkden, Greater Manchester, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. The colliery closed in 1962.

                                               

Shakerley Colliery (Greens)

Shakerley Colliery was a coal mine on the Manchester Coalfield near Shakerley, Tyldesley, Greater Manchester, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. It was sunk in 1867 and was operating in 1878. The colliery on Shakerley Common had ...

                                               

St Georges Colliery

St Georges Colliery, Back ot Church, was a coal mine operating on the Manchester Coalfield after 1866 in Tyldesley, Greater Manchester, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. It was owned by Sir Edmund Buckley. The colliery was situa ...

                                               

Wellington Pit

Wellington Colliery was a coal mine operating on the Manchester Coalfield before 1869 in Tyldesley, Greater Manchester, then in the historic county of Lancashire, England. Originally named Messhing Trees, the colliery was sunk by William Ramsden ...

                                               

Mines in Lancashire

                                               

Mines in Merseyside

                                               

Askern

Askern is a town and civil parish within the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster, in South Yorkshire, England. It is on the A19 road between Doncaster and Selby. Historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire, it became a spa town in the late 19 ...

                                               

Aylesham

Aylesham is a village and civil parish in the Dover district of Kent, England. The village is located around 6.5 miles southeast of the cathedral city of Canterbury, and around 8.5 miles northwest of the town and port of Dover. According to the 2 ...

                                               

Castletown, Sunderland

Castletown is a suburb of Sunderland in Tyne and Wear, England. A former mining community, the Hylton Colliery was located at the east end of the village; it lies north of the River Wear, and is near to Hylton Castle and Washington. At Hylton Riv ...

                                               

Denaby Main

Denaby Main is a village situated between Mexborough and Conisbrough in the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster in South Yorkshire, England. The village falls within the Doncaster MBC ward of Conisbrough and Denaby. It was built by the Denaby Main ...

                                               

Dilhorne

Dilhorne is an ancient parish and village in Staffordshire, three miles from Cheadle and six miles from Stoke-on-Trent. The village is within the Staffordshire Moorlands area. Historically the village has been in the Parish of Dilhorne and the an ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →