Blog page 285



                                               

St. Johns Anglican Church and Parsonage Site

St. Johns Anglican Church and Parsonage Site is an historic religious site in Dresden, Maine. It is the site of an Anglican church built in 1770 in what was then called Pownalborough or Frankfort, and was active until 1779. The church congregatio ...

                                               

Saint Joseph College and Mother Seton Shrine

Saint Joseph College and Mother Seton Shrine are two closely related campuses in Emmitsburg, Maryland, United States. It forms a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

                                               

Properties of religious function on the National Register of Historic Places in Baltimore

                                               

Jesus Marie Convent (Fall River, Massachusetts)

The Jesus Marie Convent is a historic former convent located at 138 St. Josephs Street in Fall River, Massachusetts. It was built in 1887 and designed by local architect and parish member Louis G. Destremps, who also designed the nearby orphanage ...

                                               

Our Mother of Sorrows Monastery and Retreat Center (West Springfield, Massachusetts)

Our Mother of Sorrows Monastery and Retreat Center is an historic Passionist monastery at 110 Monastery Avenue in West Springfield, Massachusetts. The Spanish Colonial Revival building on the campus is the only structure of its type in the city, ...

                                               

Saint Andrews Chapel

Saint Andrews Chapel is a historic chapel on Washington Mountain Road in Washington, Massachusetts. Built in 1899, the stone Gothic Revival structure is the rural communitys finest example of late 19th-century architecture. It was built as a gift ...

                                               

Union Mission Chapel-Historical Hall

The Union Mission Chapel-Historical Hall is an historic building at 5 Cedar Street in Taunton, Massachusetts. Built as a chapel in 1867, it has also served as a mission hall and museum, and housed the local American Legion chapter for many years ...

                                               

Piety Hill Historic District

The Piety Hill Historic District is a historic district located in downtown Lapeer in Lapeer County, Michigan. It was designated as a Michigan State Historic Site and also added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 26, 1985. The 15 ...

                                               

Lakewood Cemetery Memorial Chapel

                                               

Old St. Ferdinand Shrine

Old St. Ferdinand Shrine and Historic Site is located at no. 1 rue St. Francois, Florissant, Missouri, and is owned, preserved, maintained, and protected by the non-profit organization, Friends of Old St. Ferdinand, Inc. The Shrine and Historic S ...

                                               

Sleeping Buffalo Rock

Sleeping Buffalo Rock is a site on the National Register of Historic Places located near Saco, Montana. It was added to the Register in 1996. The placard reads: A nearby wind-swept ridge overlooking the Cree Crossing on the Milk River was the ori ...

                                               

Old North Cemetery (Concord, New Hampshire)

Old North Cemetery is a historic cemetery on North State Street in Concord, New Hampshire. Established in 1730, it is the citys oldest cemetery. Franklin Pierce, fourteenth president of the United States, is buried in the cemetery, as are his wif ...

                                               

Abo (historic place)

Abo, is a pueblo ruin in New Mexico that is preserved as part of the Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument. The ruins are located about 9 miles west of Mountainair, at about 6100 feet above sea level. They are said to date back to the 14th ce ...

                                               

Saint Bernards Seminary

Saint Bernards Seminary is a historic former Roman Catholic seminary complex located at Rochester in Monroe County, New York. The educational institution formerly inhabiting the complex changed its name to St. Bernards Institute and moved to the ...

                                               

Sisters of St. Dominic Motherhouse Complex

Sisters of St. Dominic Motherhouse Complex, is a historic convent complex and national historic district at 555 Albany Avenue in North Amityville, Suffolk County, New York. The complex consists of five contributing buildings, a cemetery, and grot ...

                                               

Properties of religious function on the National Register of Historic Places in New York City

                                               

Pleasant Grove Camp Meeting Ground

The Pleasant Grove Camp Meeting Ground is a historic Methodist camp meeting national historic district located near Waxhaw, Union County, North Carolina. The district encompasses four contributing buildings and one contributing site. The main bui ...

                                               

Medicine Rock State Historic Site

Medicine Rock State Historic Site near Heil, North Dakota was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. Other names associated with the site are Medicine Hill, Medicine Butte, Me-me-ho-pa, Medicine Stone, and Miho. It is the lar ...

                                               

Religious buildings and structures in the Land of the Cross-Tipped Churches

                                               

Koweta Mission Site

Koweta Mission Site is a site listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 1843, white missionaries arrived in Coweta to teach the Indian children. Reverend Robert Loughridge and his wife, Olivia, bought an empty cabin for ten dollars a ...

                                               

Nuyaka Mission

The Nuyaka Mission site is located in Okmulgee County, Oklahoma, on McKeown Rd. just off N 120 Rd approximately 15.7 miles west of the intersection of U.S. Route 75 and State Highway 56 in the City of Okmulgee, Oklahoma. The Nuyaka Mission is inc ...

                                               

Tullahassee Mission Site

Tullahassee Mission was a Presbyterian mission and school, founded on March 1, 1850 by Rev. Robert Loughridge. The mission was originally built for Muscogee Creek Indians, but after a devastating fire the Muscogee Creeks left Tullahassee and the ...

                                               

Deckers Chapel

It was built in 1856 and is a one-story gable-end oriented and clapboard clad wood frame structure. It measures 12 feet by 18 feet and contains a single, plastered room. It features a rectangular steeple with an open belfry capped with a cross ti ...

                                               

Properties of religious function on the National Register of Historic Places in Philadelphia

                                               

Cattle Creek Campground

Cattle Creek Campground, also known as Cattle Creek United Methodist Church and Campground, is a historic church campground and national historic district located near Rowesville, Orangeburg County, South Carolina. The district encompasses 37 con ...

                                               

Cypress Methodist Camp Ground

Cypress Methodist Camp Ground is a historic Methodist camp meeting in Ridgeville, Dorchester County, South Carolina. Cypress Camp Ground was functional as early as 1794, and an adjacent cemetery contains graves from the early 1800s. The campgroun ...

                                               

St. Lukes Parish Zion Chapel of Ease Cemetery

St. Lukes Parish Zion Chapel of Ease Cemetery is a historic cemetery and chapel site at 574 William Hilton Parkway in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. The cemetery was established in the 18th century, and includes a fine collection late 18th a ...

                                               

St. Paul Camp Ground

St. Paul Camp Ground, also known as St. Paul A.M.E. Zion Camp Ground, is a historic African Methodist Episcopal camp meeting and national historic district located near Harleyville, Dorchester County, South Carolina. The district encompasses 43 c ...

                                               

Chapel Emmanuel Railroad Car

The Chapel Emmanuel Railroad Car was one of thirteen railroad cars used as chapels in the United States starting about 1890. Seven of the cars were built by the Barney and Smith Car Company of Dayton, Ohio and travelled from town to town, mainly ...

                                               

St. Marys Cemetery (Lawrence County, Tennessee)

St. Marys Cemetery is a historic Roman Catholic cemetery in Lawrence County, Tennessee, United States, located off Rascal Town Road, 5 miles southeast of St. Joseph. The cemetery contains about 20 19th-century monuments and was still being used f ...

                                               

Anderson Camp Ground

Anderson Camp Ground is a historic camp ground in Brushy Creek, in Anderson County, Texas, United States. The Arbor is a wooden tent-like structure that was built in 1874. The Brushy Creek Methodist Church is a one-story Gothic Revival structure ...

                                               

Mission Nuestra Señora del Rosario

Mission Nuestra Señora del Rosario was established in November 1754 by Spanish Franciscan missionary Father Juan de Dios Camberos to bring Christianity to the indigenous Karankawa people. At its peak, the mission owned a herd of 5.000 cattle, but ...

                                               

Woodruff Stake House

The Woodruff Stake House at 50 South Main in Woodruff, Utah was built during 1990–1901. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000. It has also been known as Woodruff Stake Tithing House.

                                               

St. Peters Church and Mount St. Joseph Convent Complex

St. Peters Church and Mount St. Joseph Convent Complex is a Roman Catholic religious and educational complex on Convent and Meadow Streets in Rutland, Vermont. The complex includes a church, rectory, two schools, a convent, and an elderly housing ...

                                               

Davis Chapel

Davis Chapel, also known as Roberts Memorial United Methodist Church, is a historic chapel located at Alexandria, in the U.S. state of Virginia. It was built in 1834, and is a two-story, brick church building in a vernacular Gothic Revival style. ...

                                               

Glebe of Hungars Parish

Glebe of Hungars Parish is a historic glebe house located at Franktown, Northampton County, Virginia. It was built sometime between 1643 and 1745, and is a 1 1/2-story, brick, structure with gable roof, dormers, and two interior end chimneys. It ...

                                               

Piedmont Camp Meeting Grounds Historic District

Piedmont Camp Meeting Grounds Historic District is a national historic district located at Piedmont, Montgomery County, Virginia. The district encompasses 22 contributing buildings associated with a seasonal religious campground. The district inc ...

                                               

Powers Bluff

Powers Bluff is a wooded hill in central Wisconsin near Arpin. American Indians lived there until the 1930s, calling it Tah-qua-kik, or Skunk Hill. Because of their religious and ceremonial activities, Tah-qua-kik is listed on the National Regist ...

                                               

Father DeSmets Prairie Mass Site

Father DeSmets Prairie Mass Site, located about one mile east of Daniel, Wyoming, is the site of the first Catholic mass in Wyoming. The mass was conducted on July 5, 1840, by Jesuit missionary Pierre-Jean De Smet. A congregation of 2.000 people, ...

                                               

Asbury United Methodist Church (Washington, D.C)

Asbury United Methodist Church is notable due to its historical association with African-American Methodism in Washington, D.C. and is the oldest black Methodist church in the city. It was designed by Clarence Lowell Handing. It was built in 1915 ...

                                               

Atago Shrine (disambiguation)

                                               

Akama Shrine

Akama Shrine is a Shinto shrine in Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan. It is dedicated to Antoku, a Japanese emperor who died as a child in the Battle of Dan-no-ura, which occurred nearby in 1185. This battle was important in the history of ...

                                               

London church templates

                                               

Ghaffar Farzadi

Ghaffar Farzadi is an Iranian mathematician at University of Tabriz. Farzadi is senior member of the Freedom Movement of Iran, a member of its central council, as well as head of its regional branch in Azerbaijan. He has been detained several tim ...

                                               

Javed Musarrat

Prof. Mussarat has served in the United States as visiting scientist, Michigan State University and visiting assistant professor, Ohio State University, Columbus. He was also the Chair Professor, DNA Research Chair, King Saud University, Riyadh.

                                               

Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University alumni

                                               

Muhammadan Anglo-Oriental College alumni

                                               

Faculty of Social Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University

In 1969, Faculty of Arts was bifurcated and Faculty of Social Science was created, with the Department of Economics, Education, History, Political Science, Sociology, Islamic Studies, West Asian Studies, Library & Information Science and Psycholo ...

                                               

Faculty of Arts, Aligarh Muslim University

Faculty of Arts is one of the faculties of Aligarh Muslim University comprising 10 departments. The faculty of Arts offers a number of courses in different language courses in the respective departments. The faculty is situated on the opposite si ...

                                               

Faculty of Medicine, Aligarh Muslim University

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →