Blog page 207



                                               

Former buildings and structures in Frederiksberg Municipality

                                               

Chateau de la Tournelle

The Chateau de la Tournelle was a now-demolished castle on the left bank of the Seine in the 5th arrondissement of Paris on the quai de la Tournelle. The approximate site is now occupied by the La Tour dArgent restaurant. After it were named the ...

                                               

Convent of Our Lady of Calvary, Paris

The Convent of Our Lady of Calvary, also named Convent of the Filles du Calvaire, is a former Roman Catholic convent in Paris, France.

                                               

Church of Saint Mary of the Latins

The Church of Saint Mary of the Latins was a church building in the Old City of Jerusalem in the Kingdom of Jerusalem. In around the middle of the 11th century, Amalfian traders obtained permission from the Caliph to build the church of Sainte Ma ...

                                               

Brush Street Station

Brush Street Station was a passenger train station on the eastside of downtown Detroit, Michigan, located at the foot of Brush Street at its intersection with Atwater Street and bordered by the Detroit River to the south.

                                               

Central Station (Louisville)

Central Station was a major station in Louisville, Kentucky. Built in the Richardsonian Romanesque style, it served several railroad companies until the mid-20th century. It was situated at North 7th Street and West River Road, near the Ohio Rive ...

                                               

Hinkle-Hermiston station

                                               

Niverville station

Niverville is a former Boston and Albany Railroad station in the hamlet of Niverville, New York. A picture of the Van Hoesen House Kinderhook Station located in Niverville NY. This picture was taken in 2005. The 2nd picture is looking from the up ...

                                               

Union Depot and Atlantic Coast Line Freight Station

The Union Depot and Atlantic Coast Line Freight Station is a historic site in Live Oak, Florida, United States. It is located at 208 North Ohio Avenue, on the corner of Haines Street Northeast. The station was built at one of two junctions of an ...

                                               

Union Pacific Railroad Depot (Cheyenne, Wyoming)

                                               

Former railway stations in the United States by state

                                               

Newmans College

Newmans College was one of the earliest forms of a sports bar. It operated as Newmans College Inn and Newmans College, a liquor store, between about 1906 and 1919 in Oakland, California and San Francisco, California.

                                               

Dicksonia Plantation

Dicksonia, also known as the Turner-Dickson House, was a historic plantation house just south of Lowndesboro, Alabama, United States. Dating back to 1830, it was destroyed by fire twice. The house was recorded by the Historic American Buildings S ...

                                               

Kingsmill Plantation

                                               

Mount Athos (Kelly, Virginia)

Mount Athos is a historic archaeological site located at Kelly, Campbell County, Virginia. It consists of a stone ruin atop a wooded ridge overlooking the James River. The plantation house was built about 1800 for William J. Lewis and was a one-s ...

                                               

Orange Grove Plantation House (Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana)

The Orange Grove Plantation house was the only Gothic revival mansion built in antebellum Louisiana. Benjamin Morgan, originally from Philadelphia and of a prominent American Revolutionary War family, purchased the land in 1804. After his death i ...

                                               

Southwood Plantation

Southwood Plantation was a large cotton plantation of 5.000 acres located in southern Leon County, Florida, United States and owned by George Taliafero Ward.

                                               

Verdura Plantation

Verdura Plantation was a large cotton plantation of 3.500 acres in eastern Leon County, Florida, United States established by Benjamin Chaires, Sr. The Benjamin Chaires who owned Verdura was not Benjamin Chaires Sr., but his nephew, son of Green ...

                                               

Waverly Plantation (Leon County, Florida)

Waverly Plantation was a large cotton plantation of unknown size, located in southern Leon County, Florida, United States, owned by George Taliaferro Ward.

                                               

Demolished buildings and structures in Atlanta

                                               

Demolished buildings and structures in Chicago

                                               

Demolished buildings and structures in Detroit

                                               

Demolished buildings and structures in Los Angeles

                                               

Demolished buildings and structures in New York City

                                               

Demolished buildings and structures in Washington, D.C.

                                               

Spanish Small Temple

The Spanish Small Temple also Cahal Cicu synagogue also Templul mic spaniol "Ca’al Cicu”, built in 1846 was located on 37 Banu Maracine Street in Bucharest, Romania.

                                               

Demolished buildings and structures in London

                                               

Demolished buildings and structures in Manchester

                                               

Demolished buildings and structures in Sheffield

                                               

Old Synagogue (Dortmund)

The Old Synagogue was the largest synagogue and cultural center of the Jewish community in Dortmund, Germany. The synagogue was opened in 1900. With a capacity of 1.300 seats it was one of the largest Jewish houses of worship in Germany. After th ...

                                               

Demolished bridges in England

                                               

Demolished bridges in Scotland

                                               

Demolished bridges in Wales

                                               

Bridge in Tredyffrin Township

The Bridge in Tredyffrin Township was a historic stone arch bridge carrying Gulph Road across Trout Creek in Tredyffrin Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA. It had one span, a solid, semicircular stone arch 27.8 feet long. There were ston ...

                                               

Byrnes Ferry Covered Bridge

The Byrnes Ferry bridge was a historic cantilevered covered bridge across the Stanislaus River between Calaveras County and Tuolumne County, California. Originally built during the California Gold Rush, the bridge was located on the OByrnes Ferry ...

                                               

Duncan Mills Bridge

The Duncan Mills Bridge was one of nine metal highway bridges in Fulton County, Illinois nominated for the National Register of Historic Places. This particular one was located along west of Havana, Illinois near Lewistown. It was added to the Na ...

                                               

Point Bridge (Pittsburgh)

The bridge was constructed from 1925-1927 and was opened to traffic on 20 June 1927. Dismantling of the old Point Bridge began that following August, and on October 9 the span was brought down into the Monongahela River by cutting the last cables ...

                                               

Demolished bridges in Oregon

                                               

Abandoned Pennsylvania Turnpike

The Abandoned Pennsylvania Turnpike is the common name of a 13-mile stretch of the Pennsylvania Turnpike that was bypassed in 1968 when a modern stretch opened to ease traffic congestion in the tunnels. In this case, the Sideling Hill Tunnel and ...

                                               

West Sacramento Freeway

State Route 275 is a short unsigned state highway in the U.S. state of California that is defined to be the length of the Tower Bridge between West Sacramento and Downtown Sacramento. Prior to 1996, SR 275 was also known as the West Sacramento Fr ...

                                               

Embarcadero Freeway

                                               

West Sacramento Freeway

                                               

Church of St Teresa of Avila, Birkdale

The Church of St Teresa of Avila in Everton Road, Birkdale, Southport, Sefton, Merseyside, England, is an active Roman Catholic church in the diocese of Liverpool. It was built in 1897–98 and designed by the architectural partnership of James Sin ...

                                               

St James Church, Birkdale

St James Church is in Lulworth Road, Birkdale, Southport, Sefton, Merseyside, England, and is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Liverpool. It was built between 1856 and 1857, and later extended. One of its former vicars was Revd ...

                                               

St Josephs Church, Birkdale

St Josephs Church is in York Road, Birkdale, Southport, Sefton, Merseyside, England, and is an active Roman Catholic church in the diocese of Liverpool. It was designed by E. W. Pugin, and built in 1865–67 with an aisle added in 1875. The church ...

                                               

St Peters Church, Birkdale

St Peters Church is in St Peters Road, Birkdale, Southport, Sefton, Merseyside, England, and is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Liverpool. Its building started in 1870, and additions were made in 1886–87 and in 1907. The church ...

                                               

Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, Birkenhead

The Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception is in Cavendish Street, Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside, England. It is an active Roman Catholic church in the diocese of Shrewsbury. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for Engl ...

                                               

St Lukes Church, Great Crosby

St Lukes Church is on Liverpool Road, near the centre of Great Crosby, Sefton, Merseyside, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Liverpool. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designat ...

                                               

St James Church, New Brighton

St James Church is in Victoria Road, New Brighton, Wirral, Merseyside, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Wallasey, the archdeaconry of Chester and the diocese of Chester. Its benefice is united with that of Emmanue ...

                                               

Turner Home, Liverpool

The Turner Home is in Dingle Lane, Toxteth, Liverpool, Merseyside, England. Founded for the care of sick and disadvantaged men, it continues to function as a registered residential and nursing home for men. The building is recorded in the Nationa ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →