Blog page 13



                                               

Listed bridges in Wales

                                               

Listed churches in Wales

                                               

Rebuilt church buildings in Wales

                                               

D Shed

                                               

St Mary’s Church, Trelystan

                                               

Economy of Gwynedd

                                               

Office buildings in Wales

                                               

Development Bank of Wales

The Development Bank of Wales Group is one of the UK’s largest regional SME investment companies and provides growth capital for small and medium-sized businesses in the UK. The Group manages funds in excess of £1.4 billion and consists of the fu ...

                                               

Barry Waterfront

Barry Waterfront or Waterfront Barry, known locally as The Waterfront, is a retail park and neighbourhood of Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, built from redeveloped land from the old Barry Docks, to the southwest of the town centre and to the imm ...

                                               

Vale of Glamorgan Railway

The Vale of Glamorgan Railway Company was built to provide access to Barry Docks from collieries in the Llynvi, Garw and Ogmore areas. Proposed by the coalowners but underwritten by the wealthy Barry Railway Company, it opened in 1897 from near B ...

                                               

Wenvoe Quarry

Wenvoe Quarry is a quarry between Wenvoe and Culverhouse Cross in the Vale of Glamorgan, south Wales. It is situated in an area off the A4050 road known as "The Alps", not far from Caerau and Culverhouse Cross on the outskirts of Cardiff. Operati ...

                                               

Ruabon Moors

Ruabon Moors are an area of upland moorland in Wales to the west of Ruabon and Wrexham. They lie partly within Wrexham county borough and partly within Denbighshire. In the northern part of the moors are the areas known as Minera Mountain and Esc ...

                                               

Carmel National Nature Reserve

Carmel National Nature Reserve lies close to the village of Carmel in Carmarthenshire. It lies south of Llandeilo not far from the main road to Llanelli. There is a small car park and picnic site for visitors, and footpaths for access. There is a ...

                                               

Afon Crafnant

The Afon Crafnant is a tributary of the River Conwy, which is the main river of the Conwy valley in north-west Wales. It flows from picturesque Llyn Crafnant, joining the river Conwy at Trefriw. It is about 2.5 miles 4.0 km in length. The Afon Cr ...

                                               

Crymlyn Bog

Crymlyn Bog is a nature reserve and a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest of international significance, near Swansea, south Wales. It is the largest area of lowland fen in Wales and lies immediately to the eastern side of Kilvey Hill ...

                                               

Lady Park Wood National Nature Reserve

Lady Park Wood National Nature Reserve is a 45-hectare nature reserve straddling the borders of Gloucestershire in England and Monmouthshire in Wales. Most of the wood is in Wales but it is managed under agreement with Natural England. The wood i ...

                                               

Rhinogydd

The Rhinogydd are a range of mountains located east of Harlech in North Wales. The name Rhinogydd derives from the names of two of the more famous peaks, Rhinog Fawr and Rhinog Fach, although the greatest elevation in the range is reached by Y Ll ...

                                               

Towns of the Welsh Marches

                                               

A449 road

The A449 is a major road in the United Kingdom. It runs north from junction 24 of the M4 motorway at Newport in South Wales to Stafford in Staffordshire. The southern section of the road, between Ross on Wye and Newport forms part of the trunk ro ...

                                               

A474 road

The A474 is a suburban main route in south Wales. Settlements served by the A474 include: Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen Glanamman Briton Ferry Cwmgors Gelligron Neath Abbey Neath Pontardawe Gellinudd Rhydyfro Rhyddings Rhos Fforest Goch Cadoxton Ammanford

                                               

A475 road

The A475 leaves Lampeter southwestwards from a junction with the A482 and passes through the hamlet of Pentre-Bach and the village of Llanwnnen, where it is crossed by the B4337 Llanrhystud–Edwinsford road. This section of the road has a number o ...

                                               

A481 road

The A481 is a road in Powys, Wales, which connects with the A483 road, not far from the A470 road at Llanelwedd, Builth Wells and leads to the A44 road near Llanfihangel Nant Melan. It is the main road leading to the A44 which connects Builth to ...

                                               

A482 road

The A482 road is a major link in Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire, Wales, connecting Aberaeron on the coast and the A40 road at Llanwrda near Llandovery and is 29 miles in length.

                                               

A485 road

The A485 is an A road linking Tanerdy near Carmarthen to Llanfarian near Aberystwyth in Wales. Settlements along the route include: Bronant New Inn Tregaron Llanilar Llanybydder Lampeter Llanfarian Tanerdy Abergiar Llanllwni Peniel Pontarsais Pen ...

                                               

A493 road

The road passes through Pennal, Aberdyfi, Tywyn, Bryncrug, Llanfendigaid, Rhoslefain, Llangelynin, Llwyngwril, Friog, Fairbourne, Arthog and Penmaenpool. The road is approximately 32 miles long. Because of the location of the road which is next t ...

                                               

A4063 road

The A4063 links the town of Bridgend with Cymer in Wales. Settlements served by the route include: Dyffryn Caerau Pen-y-fai Tondu Sarn Bridgend Wild Mill Nantyffyllon Coytrahen Cymer Aberkenfig Croeserw Maesteg Cwmfelin Llangynwyd Geohash Coordin ...

                                               

A4076 road

The A4076 is an A road in Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK linking Haverfordwest with Milford Haven. The road begins at a roundabout junction with the A40 near Haverfordwest railway station. It ends in Milford Haven. Settlements served by the road from n ...

                                               

A4118 road

The A4118 road is in Swansea, Wales, connecting Dyfatty Street in Swansea City Centre with Port Eynon in the Gower Peninsula. The route runs through suburban areas until it reaches Upper Killay where the road enters rural Gower. It passes over Fa ...

                                               

A4138 road

The A4138 is a main road in Carmarthenshire, Wales, connecting Pontarddulais with Llanelli. Running in a northeast to southwest direction, the road connects with M4 junction 48. Northeast of the motorway, the road is classified as a non-primary r ...

                                               

A4214 road

The A4214 is a ring-road around Llanelli in Carmarthenshire, west Wales. The route begins at the junction with Hall Street and Gelli-onn, on the A484 road in northwest Llanelli. At this point, the road is a dual-carriageway as it heads south-east ...

                                               

A4216 road

The A4216 is a main road in Swansea, Wales. The road links Sketty with Gendros. It begins at the junction at the bottom of Sketty Lane with Mumbles Road. It continues up Sketty Lane, onto Sketty Park Road then bears right onto Dillwyn Road to the ...

                                               

A4221 road

The A4221 is an A road which links Banwen with Abercraf in Wales. The roads begins just south of Abercraf at the junction with the A4067. It then heads eastwards through Caehopkin and then bypasses Coelbren. It joins the A4109 just west of Banwen.

                                               

A4240 road

The A4240 begins at the roundabout at the Loughor side of the Loughor bridge. The road heads east through Loughor, then onwards through Gorseinon, where it forms the east-west main road intersecting with the B4296 in central Gorseinon. The A4240 ...

                                               

Port Talbot Peripheral Distributor Road

The A4241 begins at the Sunnycroft roundabout in Baglan near Baglan railway station traversing Seaway Parade in a south westerly direction, where it serves the Baglan Bay area and the Baglan Energy Park, until the junction with Afan Way. The rout ...

                                               

B4574 road

The B4574 is a road linking the villages of Pont-rhyd-y-groes in Ceredigion, Wales, and Devils Bridge, 12 miles east of Aberystwyth, and noted for three bridges built one above each other as well as for its falls and narrow gauge steam railway. T ...

                                               

Peripheral Distributor Road

                                               

Port Talbot Peripheral Distributor Road

                                               

Southern Distributor Road

The Southern Distributor Road is a principal distributor road in Newport that runs from the Coldra roundabout in the east of Newport to Tredegar Park M4 Junction 28) in the west of Newport and includes City Bridge, a bow-string arch bridge spanni ...

                                               

Trunk roads in Wales

Trunk roads in Wales were created in the Trunk Roads Act of 1936 when the UK Ministry of Transport took direct control over 30 of the principal roads in Great Britain from English, Welsh and Scottish local authorities. The number of trunk roads w ...

                                               

Roads in Wales by county

                                               

Motorways in Wales

                                               

Road tunnels in Wales

                                               

Roman villas in Wales

                                               

Newport Castle

Newport Castle is a ruined castle in Newport, Wales. It was built in the 14th century, probably by Hugh de Audley, 1st Earl of Gloucester or his son-in-law, Ralph, Earl of Stafford, with the purpose of managing the crossing of the River Usk. The ...

                                               

Uskmouth power stations

The Uskmouth power stations refers to a series of two coal-fired power station at the mouth of the River Usk in the south-east of Newport, Wales. The first of the two station, Uskmouth A power station, was built in the 1940s and demolished in 200 ...

                                               

Castles in Newport, Wales

                                               

Back Lane drill hall, Newtown

The building was designed as the headquarters of the 5th Volunteer Battalion, The South Wales Borderers and was completed in 1897. This unit evolved to become the 7th Battalion, The Royal Welch Fusiliers in 1908. The battalion was mobilised at th ...

                                               

Baker Street drill hall, Abergavenny

The building was designed as the headquarters of the 4th Volunteer Battalion, The South Wales Borderers and was completed in 1896. This unit evolved to become the 3rd Battalion, The Monmouthshire Regiment in 1908. The battalion was mobilised at t ...

                                               

Brook Street drill hall, Welshpool

An armoury was established at Welshpool in the mid-19th century. It became the headquarters of the Montgomeryshire Rifle Volunteers in 1861 and, although the regiment evolved to become 7th Merioneth and Montgomery Battalion, the Royal Welch Fusil ...

                                               

Caernarfon Barracks

The building was commissioned by John Lloyd, County Surveyor of Caernarfonshire, as a military headquarters and was completed in 1855. It became the headquarters of units of the Carnarvon Rifle Volunteer Corps when that unit was raised in March 1 ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →